Yummy Vegan Breaded Chicken Recipe…
So it was one of those nights. The thunder rolled in…lol, j/k. One of those weeks where you had to wait one more, two more days to go to the grocery store because you just simply didn’t have any time! So now there is nothing to eat in your house. Well, not nothing but… a bunch of random items from a bunch of different types of recipes and now you need to find a meal out of it all. No big. Lol. It ended up being a tasty vegan breaded chicken recipe but it didn’t start sounding so pretty! Okay so we had those vegan chicken strips that you always buy at the store because you always have hope that they might taste good this time, you know what I’m talking about! So here is what I concocted with that.
Vegan Breaded Chicken & Rice, Steamed Red Potato, Grilled Green Beans and a Salad. Super Yummy! Yeah…I’m super sometimes 😉
Vegan Breaded Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- Bread Crumbs, for this I had an old gluten-free package I had been meaning to try since last year but you could use a seasoned bread crumb recipe out of the bread you have etc. Mine was Ian’s Panko Breadcrumbs Gluten Free. I used the whole bag.
- Vegenaise Mayo 1/2 cup.
- Some Paprika
- Some Garlic
- Some Seasoned Salt
- A little Olive Oil
- 1 bag of Beyond Meat’s Beyond Chicken Lightly Seasoned Strips
- 1 cup of Basmati Rice
- Red Potatoes
- Green Beans, cut long.
- Spinach Leaves
- Pine Nuts, I used a half a bag.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Paper Towel
Vegan Breaded Chicken Recipe Directions
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 F.
- Add a little olive oil to a skillet on your stove top, I cook at med. for 6-7 min. then a tad above med. for about 10 min.
- Place rice and potatoes in steamer for 30 min.
- While those are both going prepare your bread crumb station.
- Lay out a couple of paper towels to pad off extra oil off the “chicken” once done.
- Scoop 1 cup of mayo into med-sized bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in a large, deep bowl or just whatever you have.
- Take the “chicken” strips off the stove top, let cool about 5 min or until you can handle them (or use a fork).
- Dip each strip into mayo, then coat in bread crumbs then place in a 15×10 Pyrex dish that’s covered in foil. The foil will help keep the “chicken” strips moist and cook evenly.
- Then repeat until all strips are line up in dish.
- Sprinkle an even amount of garlic, paprika and seasoned salt over the breadcrumb-covered “chicken” strips.
- Place in pre-heated oven for approx. 20 min., until bread is golden brown.
- While the “chicken” is cooking, place a little olive oil in pan, cook green beans until soft. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to desired taste. Add some raisins and pine nuts.
- Grab a handful OR more of spinach leaves, place in bowl, add some pine nuts and raisins to that too! Add your dressing of choice.
- Place rice on plate with “chicken” strips over it with a red potato to the side and some green beans and a side salad!
That’s it! That was my last minute vegan breaded chicken recipe with rice and veggies! Follow my recipes on my instagram!